London (Hybrid or Office-based)
Join RONIN: a global, market-leading research organisation of over 30 years, with award-winning, multichannel data collection methods, and recognised leader in B2B, Healthcare and hard-to-reach survey research. We are pioneers in online, CATI and digital recruitment, conducting complex multi-country studies in more than 50 languages across the world.
RONIN International are a market-leading research organisation whose comprehensive range of services help organisations fully understand the thoughts and behaviours of their customers. We have an excellent track record in delivering thorough and insightful results to even the most challenging briefs. Offering both qualitative and quantitative market research worldwide, we are proud to be the research partner of many leading global brands.
Our clients are the largest firms in the Technology and Healthcare sectors, including IBM, Microsoft and Sanofi, plus market research agencies and consulting firms such as Kantar, GfK and Ipsos, who use our Global Data Collection Centre for consistent, high quality-data.
RONIN International and its international subsidiaries, RONIN Research GmbH in Germany, and RONIN Research Inc. in the USA, are part of the independently owned Rippleffect Group, alongside our sister companies: Reading Room, a user-led, data-centric consultancy helping clients realise their digital ambitions, from deep dive and digital strategy, through to design, technology and communications; and Fat Media, experts in digital marketing & websites for growth focused businesses.
About the role
As part of the UK-based Sales & Business Development team, you’ll play a key role driving sales growth from existing accounts, through up-sell and cross-sell, and expanding our client base further. Your role will encompass both Business Development and Account Management. As such, you will be responsible for managing the entire sales process, from targeting, prospecting and progressing new business opportunities, including providing cost proposals, through to maintaining client relationships and communication, as well as overseeing the successful delivery of projects.
Working in collaboration with UK and wider Group colleagues, you’ll represent, promote and develop RONIN client and service capabilities, and ensure optimum project delivery, budget control and client satisfaction.
Reporting to: Head of sales
Department: Sales & Business development
Location Details: different options are available
- Remote work (UK-based);
- Office based (RONIN London office, Bristol office, or Lancaster office);
- Hybrid of the above two options;
- Working with the Head of Sales to identify potential new prospect clients and targeting key decision-makers, to present and sell RONIN capabilities with a view to becoming an approved supplier and receiving requests for proposal;
- Preparing and delivering compelling presentations and quotations that understand the needs of potential clients, and demonstrate RONIN capabilities and value proposition; costing of RFQ’s using internal costing and margin guidelines;
- Effectively transitioning a commissioned project to operational teams whilst maintaining an overview and managing communication with clients as required to discuss issues, progress and changing project costs and feasibility;
- Use of CRM system to maintain a workable database of opportunities and clients for regular contact;
- Monitor project progress daily and meet regularly with Project Managers to ensure progress is to budget and deadline; be proactive in anticipating problems at an early stage in order to ensure quick resolution;
- Work with Finance team to ensure project invoices are delivered, cost margins are maintained, projects are re-costed on changing specifications, and profitability reporting is continually assessed;
- Developing a strategic sales plan, meeting and exceeding personal sales targets, and tracking and reporting on performance such as proposals received and sales conversion;
- Attending and exhibiting at tradeshows and events, and identifying new opportunities for new business prospecting and raising Ronin’s profile within the industry;
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, competitor activities, emerging trends, and potential business opportunities;
- In collaboration with other teams and colleagues, discuss and develop new potential revenue streams, and business development opportunities across the Rippleffect Group.
(You don’t need to tick all the boxes to be considered, so please do still apply if you have most of what we’re looking for)
- An effective communicator, presenter, networker and relationship builder
- A consultative and solution-focused approach, and exceptional negotiation skills, to successfully engage and influence clients
- Strong commercial acumen, with aptitude to generate and convert leads, meet and exceed sales targets, and deliver revenue growth
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with proven ability in account development and client servicing, and motivation to deliver exceptional customer relationship management
- Proficiency in CRM software and MS Office suite
Location & travel expectations
We are ideally looking for the person in this role to be hybrid or office-based (our UK office is in Southwark, London). However, for the right candidate, we are willing to consider this position on a remote basis (UK-based only), but we think it is important to get teams together in person from time to time, so you’ll need to be up for visiting the London office.
There will also be travel to conferences, events and trade shows in the UK and abroad.
How to apply:
Email your CV & a short cover note highlighting why you are interested in this role and joining Ronin to email@example.com - please include the vacancy job title in your subject line.
Given the nature of the business and our clients’ requirements, any job offers issued will be conditional upon the return of a satisfactory basic DBS check and employment references.
RONIN International is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and everyone we work with, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.